organic alfalfa seeds
3% food-grade hydrogen peroxide
- On Day 1, do a H2O2 soak for 20 minute Fill jar 1/10 full of alfalfa seed. Fill the jar to the top with water and add approximately 1 Tbsp of diluted 3% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide per gallon of water. Cover jar with mesh nylon window screen and secure with rubber band. Allow seeds to soak for 20 minutes.
- Also on Day 1, after the H2O2 soak, drain and fill the jar up again with water. Add 1 tsp of Effective Micro-organisms (EM) per gallon of water. Let this soak for 20 minutes.
- Finally on Day 1, After the 20-minute EM soak, drain and fill the jar up again with water plus ocean mineral solution. Use 1/2 tsp ocean mineral solution per gallon of water. Let this soak for 8-12 hours.
- Day 2-4, Rinse & drain at 45 degree angle, 2-3 times per day. After soaking, drain water and put jar upside down at about a 45 degree angle out of direct sunlight. Rinse and drain seeds 2-3 times per day, for 2-3 days. Make sure there is good air circulation. With proper air circulation, you will be less likely to have mold. A fan or open windows are helpful. Optimal temperature is around 70 degrees F.
- Day 5-6, Rinse & drain at 45 degree angle, 2-3 times per day. When sprouts grow tails about 1/2 inch long, place sprouts in diffused light for a few days. Continue rinsing 2 or 3 times per day.
- Day 6, When sprouts are 1-2” in length, they are ready to harvest.