1 (8 ounce) packages
butter, room temp
( margarine is ok too)
1 (1 lb) box
pecans, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the cake, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add oil and mix well.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in carrots and mix well.
- Pour batter into 3 (8-inch) cake pans that are lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for approximately 18 - 35 minutes. Test using a toothpick.
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together.
- Add the confectioner's sugar and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Spread on the cooled cakes.