eggs, lightly beaten
extra virgin olive oil
light brown sugar
( or more, see note at beginning of directions)
1 1/4-1 1/2 cups coarsely grated zucchini or 1 medium
coarsely grated zucchini
organic oat flour
organic soy flour
mango, ripe and fragrant
- Smell and taste the mango to make sure it’s fragrant and sweet. If the mango is not very sweet or sweet-and-sour, you may want to increase the sugar by a couple of tablespoons. (This part is a little tricky, because a very sweet mango will impart extra sweetness to the finished bread.).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine and oil and eggs. Add sugar; mix.
- Stir in orange extract and zucchini.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking soda, salt and spices; gradually stir into zucchini mixture to combine.
- Peel mango and cut into ½ inch dice. Drain the mango pieces well by squeezing gently and measure out about ¾ cup to 1 cup. Stir diced mango into batter.
- Add some additional sugar if desired, per the above note in the directions.
- Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake about 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.