ground flax seeds
overripe bananas, peeled
1 1/2 cups
( I use a 1/2 cup of all purpose and 1 cup fresh ground whole wheat)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flax seed and water together in a small bowl.
- Beat the sugar and sucanat with the oil and applesauce on medium speed of a mixer.
- Add the flax seed and water mixture. Beat a little longer.
- Add bananas. Beat until the bananas are well incorporated in the wet ingredients.
- Stop the mixer.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Mix just until ingredients are all wet. You don't want to develop gluten and make the bread tough.
- Fold in nuts if using.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.