1 1/2 cups
unsweetened cocoa powder
( omit if you don't want the crunchy crust)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the butter and lightly grease a pan of your liking (I used an 8x8 because I like a thicker brownie).
- In a large bowl; combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In another large bowl; combine the sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Once combined beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each until thoroughly blended.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture to the egg/sugar mixture.
- Toss the chocolate chips in a little flour. (The flour will keep them from sinking to the bottom of the pan.).
- Mix the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. (The brownies are done if you stick a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.
- (ALSO, THE BATTER IS GOING TO RISE. PLEASE, DO NOT BE ALARMED! ONCE IT SINKS, WHICH TAKES ALL OF 10 MINUTES, I CAN ASSURE YOU THEY MIGHT BE THE BEST BROWNIES YOU'VE EVER TASTED.).