FOR THE CAKE
1 (16 ounce) boxes
yellow cake mix
1 (3 ounce) boxes
strawberry gelatin powder
strawberry, cleaned, chopped
FOR THE ICING
cream cheese, room temperature
butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray then sprinkle with flour.
- Place strawberries in a plastic Ziploc bag and smash them up. A meat tenderizer works well.
- Mix together cake mix and gelatin mix.
- Mix in the water, eggs, and oil.
- Gently fold in about a cup of strawberry mixture.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 30 - 33 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix together butter and cream cheese until smooth and lump free.
- Then mix in powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk until creamy.
- Sometimes if there is leftover crushed strawberry, you can fold them in at this time.
- Spread on completely cooled cake.