vinegar, for each color you are using
1/2 cup mayonnaise or 1/2 cup
- Remove the shells from the hard boiled eggs and slice each egg in half.
- Remove the yolks from the egg halves and place in a bowl. Set the yolks aside.
- Get enough glasses or mugs for the number of colors you want to use. Fill the mugs or glasses 2/3 of the way full with cold water.
- Add 3 drops of desired food coloring along with 1 teaspoon vinegar to each mug or cup.
- Place egg whites in the mugs and allow to sit in the food coloring until desired color is reached. I could fit 3 egg whites in each of my mugs at a time.
- Remove whites from dye and drain on a place lined with a couple of paper towels.
- Take the reserved yolks and mashe them with a fork. Then mix in the 1/2 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip with the mashed yolk. Season to your own taste.
- Pipe or spoon the yolk mix into the colored egg whites. Makes deviled 20 egg halves.