dried fenugreek leaves
- Shallow fry the paneer in a pan with 1 cm of oil until it is golden brown all around and set aside on a kitchen paper covered plate.
- Grind the onion in the blender until pureed.
- Heat a 2-3 tablespoon of oil in a wok and fry minced garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the blended onion and continue frying on medium heat until the smell of raw onion goes, about 10-15 mins.
- Add the coriander, cumin, chilli and turmeric powder and continue frying for 3-4 mins.
- Blend the tin of tomato and fenugreek leaves in the blender until pureed.
- add the tomato mixture to the onion mixture in the wok and continue frying for 3-4 minutes until the mixture is cooked.
- add the grama masala and continue frying for another minute or two.
- Add the frozen peas and add salt to taste.
- add the double cream and bring it to boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- for a more creamy liking, add more double cream. If not add water if you prefer more gravy.
- add the paneer and cover the wok and let it simmer on a very low heat for about an hour. Take care to not let the sauce stick to the bottom.
- For best results, make it the previous day, as it gives the paneer time to soak up the flavour.