1 (10 ounce)
French bread, stale loaf, crumbled
1 1/2 cups
( or to taste)
- Bread Pudding:.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mixture should be moist but not soupy (oatmeal consistency).
- Pour into a buttered 9" by 12" (or larger) baking dish.
- Place in 'non-preheated' oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- Serve with warm whiskey sauce.
- Whiskey Sauce:.
- Cream butter and sugar over medium heat until all butter is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and blend in egg yolk.
- Pour in bourbon gradually stirring constantly.
- Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Serve warm over bread pudding.