( do not use sweet onions, use spanish or white)
green pepper, chopped
( I use Joe's Stuff)
- Add flour to hot oil to make a dark, chocolate colored roux stirring constantly.
- Add seasoning blend, onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic to roux.
- In another pot heat chicken stock to piping hot, stir in roux gradually until blended well.
- Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Add crawfish and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- If desired chopped green onions and parsley may be added 5 minutes before serving for garnish.
- Serve with rice.