uncooked large elbow macaroni
1 1/8 cups
( or 9 Tbsps whole milk with 9 Tbsps water)
nonfat dry milk powder
Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
shredded cheddar cheese
- NOTE: PREPARE EXACTLY AS DIRECTED. USE LARGE ELBOW MACARONI.
- INTO 1 1/8 cups of milk, whisk in the nonfat dry milk, cornstarch, mustard powder, seasoning salt and white pepper.
- CUT Velveeta Original cheese into 1/2-inch cubes.
- SHRED 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- COOK (boil) macaroni according to package directions.
- DRAIN macaroni and return to pot.
- ADD the remaining ingredients except cheddar cheese and stir over medium heat.
- STIR mixture often without letting mixture boil (reduce heat if this happens), until thickened and glossy in appearance.
- ADD the shredded cheddar cheese until melted and creamy.
- SERVE immediately and enjoy.