( or 1 tsp. fresh)
garlic cloves, minced
butter, salted, cut into small cubes
sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
( or any other aged cheese like Parmesan, Romano, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and thyme.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Then stir in shredded cheese and garlic, making sure to evenly distribute throughout the mixture.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and add milk all at once. Using a fork, stir just until moistened.
- Onto a greased baking sheet, spoon dough by heaping tablespoons to make 12-14 biscuits.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Serve hot with butter.