fresh strawberries, cut into quarters
1/4 cup sugar or 1/4 cup
good squeeze fresh lemon
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for another 15 minutes until thickened. Let cool and refrigerate.
- A million uses:.
- Spoon over ice cream, pancakes or waffles and add a dollop of whipped cream.
- Drizzle over cheesecake or angle food cake.
- How about a trifle with layers of pound cake and whipped cream.
- Make a smoothie.
- Of course -- strawberry shortcake.