whole wheat bread
2 (6 ounce) cans
tuna, drained and flaked
garlic cloves, minced
Old Bay Seasoning
( or other seafood seasoning)
louisiana hot sauce
1 (10 ounce) cans
condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.
- Trim the crusts from the bread slices. Spread a side of 6 of the bread slices with half of the softened butter. Place the bread slices , buttered side up over the bottom of the prepared baking dish, trimming slices as necessary to fit; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the tuna, celery, onion, and garlic. Add the mayonnaise and spices; stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Spread the tuna mixture over the buttered bread slices in the baking dish. Spread the remaining butter over a side of each of the remaining bread slices. Place the bread slices, buttered side up, over the tuna mixture, trimming the slices as necessary to fit.
- In a large bowl using a wire whisk, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk and undiluted cream of mushroom soup; mix well. Carefully pour the soup mixture evenly over the bread and tuna layers in the baking dish. Cover the baking dish and chill in the refridgerator overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the casserole, uncovered, in the oven about 1 hour or until the top of the casserole is golden brown.