orange juice, and zest
1 1/2 teaspoons
fresh lime juice
- Zest your orange (this is most easily and effectively done with a Micro-Plane grater - if you've not discovered how great these are, you must get one!) - Now juice it. You need ¼ cup; make a screwdriver with the rest.
- Put orange juice, zest, sake, sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, and cayenne into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, turn down heat to a simmer, and reduce sauce by half for about 3 minutes.
- Mix together the water and corn starch, add to the simmering sauce, and stir until thickened.
- Allow to cook for another minute or two, add sesame oil, stir.
- It's done! There, that was easy, wasn't it? Now taste it.
- It's done! There, that was easy, wasn't it? Now taste it - Oh wow! Start imagining what you'll be able to do with this stuff.