grated fresh lemon rind
1 3/4 cups
1 1/2 lbs
plums, cut into sixths, about 4 cups
sugar, more for a sweeter filling
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, walnuts cinnamon and lemon rind and mix well.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Add to the eggs and mix to a smooth dough.
- Chill several hours or until firm.
- Butter and flour a 9 inch cake pan.
- Roll half of the dough into a circle and fit it into the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Mix the plums with the flour, sugar and walnuts and pour into the pastry lined pan.
- Roll out remaining dough and cut into 1/2 inch strips.
- Lay them over the top of the tart to make a lattice top.
- Trim edges.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 40-45 minutes until crust is brown.