( mixed, peeled, sliced about Ã 1/4-inch bite-sized root vegetables. Read recipe intro for suggestions)
thinly sliced carrots
( about 1 1/2 cups)
( about 1 cup and I sliced the onions instead)
( be sure to use an oil with a high smoke point)
salt-free garlic powder
( we tried feta cheese)
beet, raw, peeled and grated
salt, to taste
cracked black pepper, to taste
fresh parsley, minced
- Rinse and rub the root vegetables clean in cool running water.
- Prepare vegetables and combine all except the grated *red* beets.
- Heat a skillet to medium temperature (about 350 degrees) with oil. Stir-fry the veggies (except *red*beets) until tender. I stir fried everything about 8-10 minutes until the root veggies were browned and the onions crispy and starting to caramelize. Add the garlic powder the last minute of stir frying.
- Serve hot with cheese, raw grated beets and parsley on top. Season to taste with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Serving suggestion from Cookgirl's kitchen: We served the veggies over long grain brown rice. If desired, accompany the stir fry with a small mixed greens' salad.