1 3/4 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons
cherry pie filling
- Cream butter thoroughly.
- Add sugar and beat well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Add sifted dry ingredients gradually, beating well.
- Spread on a large 11x17 inch greased pan, saving a little more than a cup of batter on the side.
- Add almond extract to cherry pie filling, then spread filling to within half an inch from edge of pan.
- Place remaining dough by spoonfuls over filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into slices or squares before serving.