1 (28 ounce) cans
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes in tomato puree
2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans
chopped clams, partially drained
( reserve about 1/4 of juice in each can)
garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a saucepan on stove over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and a little salt and pepper; heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, basil, oregano and thyme; stir well to combine.
- Simmer sauce until thickened, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add partially drained clams, stir well and allow to heat through. You should start boiling your water for pasta at this point, turning off the sauce about 5 minutes before pasta is fully cooked.