fresh broccoli florets
finely chopped onion
1 garlic cloves, minced or 1/4 teaspoon
chicken breast, boneless, skinless cut in 1/2-inch chunks
( I used 2 C cooked chicken)
shredded sharp cheddar cheese
grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 2 minutes of cooking; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add onion and garlic. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, cook until no longer pink. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly; DO NOT BROWN.
- Add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture boils. Reduce heat to low; add 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese melts.
- Toss hot pasta and broccoli with sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve immediately.