yellow onions, diced
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 (14 ounce) cans
black beans, drained and rinsed
ground dried chipotle powder
fresh cilantro, minced
extra virgin olive oil
boneless skinless chicken breasts
- For the sauce: Spray cooking pan with canola oil spray. Saute onions and garlic over medium heat until the onions are translucent. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 10 to 20 minutes or until beans are slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool. Place the bean mixture in a blender and puree until smooth.
- For the chicken: Preheat a grill. Combine olive oil and chili powder in a bowl and mix to form a paste, then rub all over chicken.
- Grill chicken for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until internal temperatures reach 165°F.
- Serve each breast with 4 Tbsp of black bean sauce.