sliced peeled cored apples, sprinkle with lemon juice and toss to coat
2 3/4 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons
2 1/2 cups
unsweetened apple juice
1 1/4 cups
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat (7 each) pint glass preserving jars with lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- Combine sugar, ClearJel, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large stainless steel saucepan. Stir in apple juice and cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, and cook until mixture thickens and begins to bubble.
- Add lemon juice, return to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Drain apple slices and immediately fold into hot mixture. Before processing, heat, stirring, until apples are heated through.
- Ladle hot pie filling into hot jars leaving 1 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- Process jars in a boiling water canner for 25 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.