thinly sliced celery
2 (14 ounce) cans
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans
cream of potato soup
diced cooked ham
2 cups half-and-half (I use low-fat) or 2 cups
( I use low-fat)
shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In stock pot, cook celery and sliced cauliflower in chicken broth until almost tender, about 10 minute Do not drain. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, gradually stir half and half into undiluted potato soup.
- In separate bowl, blend water, cornstarch and pepper, then stir into soup mixture. Pour over cauliflower in pot.
- Stir in ham and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in cheese. Do not allow to boil once cheese is added.