For the crust
vanilla cream-filled sandwich style cookies
For the filling
cream cheese, softened
shredded coconut, for topping
- Use a blender to finely chop the cookies.
- Add margarine and blend until they are well combines.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 10" springform pan and smooth it out.
- Refrigerate the crust while you make the filling.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in sugar and cornstarch followed by the eggs (one at a time).
- Beat in bananas, whipping cream, and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Place pan on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees and bake an additional 75 minutes, or until center is almost set, adding coconut for last 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before removing rim of pan -- Before removing the pan, run warm water over a knife and slide a knife around the edge of the cake to separate the cake from the pan cleanly.
- Refrigerate cheesecake, uncovered, at least 6 hours.