mixed mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
( cremini, oyster, button)
extra-virgin olive oil
minced flat leaf parsley
fresh lemon juice
garlic clove, minced
fresh ground black pepper
country-style Italian bread, such as ciabatta
( a small wedge)
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Toss together the mushrooms, 4 tbs oil, parsley, lemon juice, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper; let sit at room temperature until the mushrooms have softened, about 20 minutes.
- Put the bread slices on a baking sheet and brush with the remaining oil.
- Bake bread slices until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then spoon mushroom mixture over the bread.
- Using a peeler, thinly slice strips of Parmigiano-Reggiano to garnish the crostini.