1 small zucchini or 1 small
summer squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
1/2 cup red bell peppers or 1/2 cup
yellow bell pepper, chopped
garlic cloves, minced
fresh basil, chopped
mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil until hot. Add zucchini or squash, onion, pepper, and garlic and saute until vegetables are tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, and basil. Stir in sauteed vegetables.
- Next, divide mixture into 4 individual quiche dishes or 4 shallow casserole dishes (4 to 4 1/2 inches in diameter).
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until center is set. Sprinkle each serving with mozzarella cheese and let stand 5 minutes before serving to cool slightly. Top with chopped tomato and serve.