butter, room temperature
garlic clove, minced
lime peel, grated
corn on the cob, unhusked
- Prepare barbecue (high heat).
- Grill chiles until charred on all sides.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Using small paring knife, peel chiles.
- Scrape out seeds and pale membranes; discard.
- Coarsely chop chiles; transfer to processor.
- Add butter, garlic, and lime peel; process until smooth.
- Season jalapeno-lime butter to taste with salt.
- Transfer to small bowl. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
- Grill corn until husks are blackened on all sides, turning occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Wearing oven mitts to protect hands, remove husks and silk from corn.
- Serve immediately with jalapeno-lime butter and salt.