1 1/4 cups
1 1/4 cups
1 3/4 cups
heavy whipping cream
2 (3 ounce) packages
( approx 24 ladyfingers total)
unsweetened cocoa powder, dust
square semisweet chocolate, shaved
- To start I chill the bowl I will be whipping the cream in***
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler. I do this over boiling water.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook for about 10 minutes and don't go anywhere! Stir it constantly.
- Remove the mixture from heat and whip the yolks until its thick.
- Add the mascarpone to the whipped yolks.
- Beat until combined.
- Pull your chilled bowl out of fridge and whip the cream until the stiff peaks are formed.
- Gently fold into yolk mixture and set aside.
- Split the lady fingers in half. (Here's my Ladyfingers Recipe).
- Line the bottom and sides of your serving bowl with the ladyfingers.
- Brush the lady fingers with the Kahlua or your substitution.
- Spoon half of the cream filling over the lady fingers.
- Now you are going to layer - using ladyfingers, brushed Kahlua and filling.
- Keep going till you run out of lady fingers.
- The top layer of filling is finished off with cocoa or chocolate curls.(Or both!)
- BIG SUCCESS HINT: "Ya gotta refrigerate several hours or overnight to get the flavors to mingle! ".