4 -5 cups
- Cream butter and sugar together until light yellow.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
- Add baking powder and salt. Stir until mixed.
- Add flour one cup at a time until you have a very stiff batter using about four cups of flour. Reserve extra flour for rolling out the dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap. I make flat discs to make rolling the dough out easier.
- Chill overnight in the refrigerator until firm.
- Roll out on a floured surface and cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes until the are just brown at the edges.
- Frost with you favorite frosting.