- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until a smooth mixture is achieved.
- Add pumpkin puree and choice of dried fruits.
- Fold in sifted flour and spices.
- You may wish to add 1/4 cup of crystalised ginger and 1/4 cup of golden syrup, for something different.
- Grease a large round cake tin with deep sides.
- Place in a pre-heated oven. (150c regular or 130c fan forced).
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours or until skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool.