reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Smart Balance light butter spread
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
- Boil water and start the pasta cooking.
- While the pasta cooks measure out and mix all other ingredients besides the salt, pepper, and cornstarch.
- When pasta is done, drain, and return noodles to the pot.
- Add mixed ingredients and turn burner to low heat.
- Stir constantly and sprinkle cornstarch.
- Keep stirring and add salt and pepper to taste - I use a sea salt and peppercorn grinder.
- Keep stirring over low heat until cheese and butter are integrated and the sauce thickens and coats the pasta.
- Serve and enjoy.