2 1/2-3 lbs
beef eye round
- Combine butter and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Insert slivers of garlic into small incisions in the meat.
- Spread butter/chili powder mixture over the meat, coating it thoroughly on all sides.
- Place meat on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast in preheated 450 degree oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Shut off oven, leave meat in for 20 minutes. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR!
- Remove roast from oven, tent loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest another 10 minutes before slicing thinly for service.