17 1/2 ounces
dry sugar cookie mix
( I use the Betty Crocker mix)
red currant jelly
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar cookie mix, almond slivers, and spices.
- 3. Add the egg, red wine, and butter. Mix well.
- 4. If you would like more of a sugar cookie texture to your cookies, reduce the amount of butter and red wine. If you would like more a scone-like texture, add the full amount of wine and butter, then slowly mix in the flour 1/4 cup at a time. The final texture of the dough should be very sticky but not gooey. If you place a ball of it on the cookie sheet, it should hold its shape.
- 5. Place balls of dough at least 1 1/2 inches in diameter on a cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes, until the bottom of the cookies are a light golden brown.
- 6. Remove cookies from the oven. Use your thumb to make an indent in the middle of each cookie.
- 7. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack. Spoon about 1 tsp of red currant jelly into the center of each cookie. Enjoy!