minced fresh thyme
2 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 2 teaspoons
mashed anchovy fillets
4 (16 ounce)
rib eye steaks, trimmed of excess fat
( each about 1 1/2-inches thick)
red bell peppers
yellow bell peppers
green bell peppers
garlic cloves, minced
minced fresh parsley
- Whisk 1/3 cup oil, thyme, savory and 2 teaspoons anchovies in 13x9x2-inch glass dish to blend.
- Add steaks; turn to coat.
- Let stand at room temperature 1 hour, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Char all peppers over gas flame, in broiler or on barbecue until blackened on all sides.
- Enclose peppers in paper bag 10 minutes.
- Peel, seed and cut peppers into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Mix 1/3 cup oil, 2 teaspoons anchovies and garlic in large bowl to blend.
- Add peppers.
- Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring peppers to room temperature before continuing.).
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Remove steaks from marinade; pat dry.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer to cutting board.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut steaks diagonally into thin slices.
- Divide meat among plates.
- Spoon peppers next to meat.
- Pour any juices from cutting board over peppers.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.