( at room temperature and crumbled)
( 1 stick, at room temperature)
- Cream the gorgonzola and butter.
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, salt and cayenne ~ add to the butter/cheese mixture until well combined.
- Add the pistachios and lemon zest.
- Shape the dough into a log, wrap in plastic wrap, and freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice about 1/4" thick and place about an inch apart, on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until they are light golden brown, about 8-14 minutes. (CHECK AT 10 MINUTES!).
- Cool on pan for about 10 minutes to firm up, remove and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Note: The shortbread will be rather soft when removed from the oven, but will crisp as it cools.).
- Store in an air tight container.