plain croissants, a few days old,torn into chunks
1 1/2 cups
freshly grated cinnamon
( freeze the whites for omelets)
8 -10 peaches, pitted,peeled and chunked or 1 (28 ounce) cans
canned peaches, drained and chunked
berries, defrosted or perferably fresh
( your choice, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, boysenberries even blackcherries)
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In a large sauce pan over low heat, combine cream, sugar, vanilla and salt, stirring till warm, (no boiling), stir in cinnamon.
- Add croissants to mix, stirring to saturate.
- Chill about 30 minutes.
- With an electric mixer, blend egg yolks and eggs.
- Gently stir into croissant mixture, fold peaches and berries into mix.
- Pour mix into baking dish.
- Bake for 1- 1 1/2 hours or until pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool, serve topped with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.