thick slab bacon
( rind removed)
russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
cooked fresh corn kernels
1 red bell peppers or 1
yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
scallions, very thinly sliced
salt and black pepper, to taste
cooked lobsters, cut into 1/2-inch dice
( fresh or frozen)
flat leaf parsley
- Cut bacon into small dice and place in a large pot over low heat.
- Cook, stirring, to render the fat, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add butter and let it melt.
- Add onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 10 minutes.
- Add flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute longer.
- Simmer broth, bay leaves, and paprika in the pot for 5 minutes to flavor broth.
- Add potatoes and thyme; cook until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add half-and-half, corn, peppers, and scallions; cook 10 minutes.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Add lobster and parsley just before serving hot.