( or low-sodium chicken broth)
salt and pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon dried herbs (thyme, dill, oregano or parsley) or 1 tablespoon
fresh herb, plus additional for garnish
( I used this Recipe #59207)
Italian parsley, for garnish
- Heat broth and rice to a boil. Add dried herbs.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Whisk eggs with the juice of two lemons. *Slowly* whisk about 1 1/2 cups of the hot broth into the eggs.
- Whisk the eggs, lemon and broth mixture into the broth and heat gently.
- Check for seasonings. Add more lemon juice, if needed, for a good tang.
- Add the turkey and fresh herbs if you haven’t used dry. Serve garnished with crumbled feta and sprinkled herbs.