( 4 oz)
( 4 oz)
1 1/4 teaspoons
active gluten-free sourdough starter
- Whisk dry ingredients together well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the starter and beat until well-blended.
- Add the water, oil, and egg to the mixture and beat on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes. The batter should resemble a thick paste.
- Cover the bowl and allow the batter to rise for 1 to 2 hours. It won't double in size, but will be noticeably puffy.
- Preheat your electric or stove top griddle to a medium heat and lightly spray 6 English muffin rings with oil. You can sprinkle the surface of the griddle inside the rings with cornmeal if desired to help prevent sticking.
- When the griddle is hot, divide the batter among the rings; cook until the bottoms are set, then carefully remove the rings.
- Cook for 7 to 10 minutes on the first side, then flip over.
- Cook for another 7 to 10 minutes, or until the muffins reach an internal temperature of 210°F Transfer to a rack to cool completely before cutting and/or freezing.