1 (18 ounce) boxes
yellow cake mix
pumpkin pie spice
1 (15 ounce) cans
( not pumpkin pie mix)
dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup
3/4 cup chopped almonds (if you're a fan, pecans work, too) or 3/4 cup
( if you're a fan, pecans work, too)
1 teaspoon creme fraiche (home-made with cinnamon is excellent with this cake) or 1 teaspoon
whipped cream, per piece
( home-made with cinnamon is excellent with this cake)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl beat all cake ingredients together until smooth. Pour into pan.
- In medium bowl, mix topping ingredients with fork. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Garnish, serve immediately.