Chocolate Crumb Crust
vanilla wafer crumbs
( 60 wafers or an 8 oz box minus 1/4 c)
( Note, when you purchase the cream remember you will need additional cream for the topping.)
1 1/2 cups
( 1/2 pint)
finely crushed candy cane
( 7 regular canes)
sweetened whipped cream, for toping
- Chocolate Crumb Crust: Combine crumbs, cocoa and sugar in a bowl.
- Stir in butter.
- Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of a 9" pie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 min.
- Chocolate Layer: Bring water to a boil in med mixing bowl.
- Remove from heat; immediately add chips, stirring until melted (return to very low heat, stirring constantly, if needed).
- Cool to room temperature.
- In large mixing bowl (which has been chilled, along with beaters), whip heavy cream with confectioners sugar until stiff; fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into crust; chill.
- Peppermint Layer: Break candy canes into chunks; blend until finely crushed (resembles powder).
- Combine marshmallows and milk in wok.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until marshmallows are melted.
- Cool to slightly warm or glops.
- Prepare bowl as before, whip heavy cream until stiff; fold in crushed candy.
- Stir gently into marshmallow mixture; chill 10 min.
- Spoon onto chocolate layer; chill until set.
- Freeze, if desired.
- Top with Sweetened whipped cream.
- Garnish with Peppermint chips or coarsely crushed candy canes just before serving.
- May be served chilled or frozen.