4 (1644.27 g) can
cut green beans, drained
1 (170.09 g) can
Campbell's condensed cream of celery soup
hickory smoked bacon, thin sliced, cut into 1/2 in. pieces
green onions, thinly chopped
yellow onion, diced
sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
French's French fried onions
- Combine all the green beans and cream of celery in a mixing bowl, carefully to not smash the beans up.
- In a medium-large skillet, fry up bacon pieces until they are crispy and all the fat has melted off.
- Remove bacon from grease and set aside to drain.
- Once drained and cooled a bit crumble into 1/4 inch pieces.
- In the bacon pan and with the bacon grease, blacken (fry) the green onions, and sautee the yellow onion.
- Remove them from the grease when all the green onions are completely black (not burnt), set aside to drain.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add aprox. 15 oz French's Fried Onions, the bacon pieces, yellow onion, and green/black onion into the green beans and carefully stir.
- Transfer the mixture from the bowl into a 8x8 baking dish.
- Evenly spread all of the cheese over the top.
- Then top it off with the remaining French Fried onions.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese starts to get brown bubbles.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10-15 minutes before serving.