individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
milk chocolate chips
( or semi-sweet or dark if you prefer)
rice krispies cereal
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and 2/3 of the unwrapped caramels and stir until the white disappears into the caramel, stirring constantly, being careful not to burn.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Press into a buttered rectangular glass or ceramic baking pan.
- Sprinkle with chips and pecans, pressing them into the cereal.
- Cut the remaining caramels into quarters and press them in as well.
- Place in a 350 oven for a few minutes until the chips and caramels start to melt, being careful not to burn.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares using a buttered knife.