2 1/4 teaspoons
fast rise yeast
( 100 - 110 )
6 2/3 ounces all-purpose flour, divided or 1 1/2 cups
shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups portabella mushrooms, sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices or 4 ounces
2 1/2 ounces Fontina cheese, shredded and divided or 2/3 cup
fresh thyme, chopped
1 ounce grated fresh parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup
grated fresh parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon sea salt or 1/4 teaspoon
- Pizza Crust:.
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let it stand 5 minutes. Weigh or spoon 5.6 oz flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. (1 1/4 cups).
- Add the flour and 1/4 tsp salt to the yeast mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes); add enough of the remaining flour, 1 tbsp at a time, to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands. (Dough will feel tacky).
- Place the dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat the top. Cover the surface of the dough with plastic wrap lightly coated with cooking spray; let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into the dough. If the indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.
- Punch the dough down; cover and let it stand 5 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; sprinkle with cornmeal. Roll the dough into a 12 inch circle on a floured surface. Then place the dough on the prepared baking sheet. Crimp the edges of the dough with your fingers to form a rim; let rise for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 475°.
- Mushroom Topping:.
- While the dough rises, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add the mushrooms and remaining 1/4 tsp salt; cook 7 minutes or until the mushrooms soften and moisture almost evaporates, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup fontina evenly over the dough. Arrange the mushroom mixture evenly over the fontina.
- SPrinkle with thyme; drizzle evenly with the truffle oil. Sprinkle remaining fontina and Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake at 475° for 15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Slide the pizza onto a cutting board; sprinkle with sea salt. Cut into 8 slices and serve immediately.