boneless pork shoulder
salt and pepper, to taste
garlic cloves, peeled
( leave whole)
yellow onion, peeled and sliced
carrots, peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces
celery ribs, chopped
red potatoes, unpeeled and left whole
( pierce each with knife tip)
flour, for thickening gravy
( or cornstarch)
- Season the roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 10-quart pressure cooker, over med-high heat. Sear the roast on all sides.
- Add all ingredients, except flour (or cornstarch) to pan, arranging potatoes on top of roast.
- Close and lock lid. Bring to pressure (according to manufacturer's instructions for your brand) and cook for 45 minutes at high pressure.
- Release pressure using natural release method. This may take about 10 minutes.
- Remove vegies and roast from pan and keep warm. Mix about 2 tbls flour (or cornstarch) with a little cold water and stir into sauce, cooking until thickened (may take more flour, depending on how thick you want the gravy).
- Carve meat and serve with vegies and gravy.