extra-virgin olive oil
garlic cloves, minced
2 (28 ounce) cans
salt & freshly ground black pepper
coarsely chopped fresh basil
- In a large pot, heat oil.
- Add garlic.
- Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes.
- Add onion powder and tomatoes into pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add wine.
- Simmer about 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the basil over the sauce and cover with the lid.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in the basil.
- Serve with favorite pasta and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.