active sourdough starter
1 1/2 teaspoons
2 1/3 cups
high grade flour
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients and 1 cup of flour. Cover and leave in a warm place for at least 1 hour, it should start to rise a little.
- Stir in the remaining flour. Knead for 10 minutes or until a soft dough forms that springs back when gently pressed.
- Turn the dough in 1-2 teaspoons of oil in a clean bowl. Cover with cling film and leave to sit for another hour or more, until doubled in size.
- Shape dough on a lightly oiled tray. Cover with a large container with room for it to rise without touching the sides. Leave in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 410 degrees (210 deg celsius) for 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.