fresh hot chili peppers, chopped
( such as jalapeno, habanero)
1/2 cup lemon juice or 1/2 cup
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (to taste) or 1 tablespoon
( to taste)
4 -5 tablespoons
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process to a smooth paste. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours to allow flavours to develop.
- Prior to cooking, I recommend seasoning lightly with additional kosher salt.
- Suggested cooking method: Coat chicken pieces in the marinade until they are completely coated. Cover and let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- For oven cooking, it's important that the chicken pieces be arranged with no space between them. Using a dish that is too large will cause the sauce to burn off when cooking.
- Another authentic cooking method is to "butterfly" a whole chicken, which is to split a cleaned whole chicken down the center enough to allow it to lie flat, but without cutting it into two pieces. Then flatten it by hitting it with a mallet or sturdy bottle and coating the chicken with Peri Peri and marinating overnight before grilling.