dried pasta shapes
( penne, fusilli etc)
long shallot, finely sliced
( or 2 round ones)
garlic clove, chopped
( each about the size of an egg)
chicken breast, cleaned & sliced
( not thick slices)
fresh ground black pepper
dried Italian seasoning
parma ham, each slice cut into 6 pieces
dry white wine
- Place Pasta in boiling water and cook according to instructions.
- In a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are just turning golden brown on their edges, this will take about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the shallot and garlic and continue cooking for 4 minutes. Transfer them to a bowl.
- Add a little more Olive Oil to the pan and add the chicken. Grind over some Black Pepper and fry for 2 minutes, turning the chicken half way through cooking.
- Return the Mushrooms to the pan along with the Italian seasoning and the Parma Ham, stir.
- Add the White Wine and boil until nearly gone (about 2 tablespoons remaining).
- Add the cream and bring to the boil. Cook for 3 minutes until slightly reduced and a little thicker.
- Add the Tomato Puree, stir.
- Drain the cooked Pasta, add it to the sauce and toss through for 1 minute.