whole chicken breasts, cooked
celery, without leaves
( such as gala or pink lady)
thinly sliced almonds
2 1/2 tablespoons
apple cider vinegar
fresh ground black pepper
- Remove the chicken meat from the bones and discard any skin,fat,or gristle.Chop the chicken into small bite sized pieces.
- Wash the celery and apples.Cut the celery stalks in half lengthwise and slice thinly.Chop the apples.
- Heat a pan over medium heat without oil.Add the almonds and toast,stirring constantly ,until they smell toasty and a very lightly golden.Remove from the pan to prevent further browning and add to the chicken,celery,and apples.
- Whisk together the mayo,apple cider vinegar,honey,and spices.Taste the dressing and adjust to your taste.
- Add the chicken mixture to the dressing and serve over a bed of lettuce or on toast.Chill all leftovers!